
In my quest to find a bread recipe with
healthy "junk" in it (or so my husband has lovingly put it),
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Of course I had to
change it a little because it was a bread machine recipe.
Sadly I don't have a bread machine. Hopefully this is how
it's supposed to be!
Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups warm water
1 tablespoon dry active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernals
1/2 cup ground oats
2 cups bread flour
Method:
In a large mixing bowl combine: water, sugar, and yeast.
Allow yeast to soften. Add remaining ingredients and enough
Bread flour to make a soft and slightly sticky dough. Place dough
into a greased bowl turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until
doubled. punch down. Shape into 2 loaves and place in loaf pans.
Cover and rise about 45 minutes or until doubled. Pre-heat oven
to 400 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment